Under state law, the Board of Education, in cooperation with the Board of Correctional Education is responsible for promulgating regulations for the re-enrollment in the public schools of youth who have been in the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice. These regulations require a re-enrollment plan for each youth who is of school attendance age or is eligible for special education services.
- Chapter 660 – Regulations Governing the Reenrollment of Students Committed to the Department of Juvenile Justice
- Procedures for the Re-Enrollment of Youth Released from the Custody of Department of Juvenile Justice and Returned to Public Schools (PDF)
- Detention to Local School Division (PDF)
- Department of Juvenile Justice to Local School Division (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Re-enrollment Coordinator Contact List-This is a PDF document.
- For School Personnel (PDF)
- For Probation Officers, DJJ Staff and Detention Home Staff (PDF)
- For Students and Parents (PDF)