Student & School Support
News & Announcements
Student Services Learning Resource Center
The VDOE Office of Student Services has partnered with the Center for Implementation and Evaluation of Education Systems at Old Dominion University to develop the Student Services Learning Resource Center. This website is a one-stop professional development and resource collection for specialized instructional support personnel such as school counselors, school psychologists, school social workers, school nurses, and administrators.
Mental Health & Wellness Service Delivery during School Closures
The VDOE, Office of Student Services (OSS), has compiled Instructional Support Mental Health Resources During School Closures-This is a Word document. to assist division instructional support personnel with mental health and wellness service delivery during school closures. Specialized Instructional Support Personnel (SISP) include school counselors, school psychologists, school social workers, and school nurses.
VDOE and the commonwealth’s public schools work in partnership to support and improve teaching and learning through a variety of programs and activities promoting the safety and well being of students. These efforts include:
- Improving instruction through effective reforms and best practices
- Promotion of wellness through good nutrition and physical activity and school-health programs
- Equipping children with knowledge and skills to make wise choices
- Selecting and employing technology to improve teaching and learning
- Constructing and maintaining schools and infrastructure that meet the needs of today’s learners and educators
- Maintaining safe learning environments and transporting children safely to and from school
- Educating children in non-traditional settings