COVID-19 & Virginia Public Schools
Need vaccine? Learn how to get your shot at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov or call 1-877-VAX-IN VA. 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Language translation available, TTY users dial 7-1-1.
¿Necesitas vacunarte? Enterate como conseguir tu vacuna Vaccinate.Virginia.gov o llamando al 1-877-829-4682 de 8am a 8pm. Traduccion disponible en tu idioma. Usuarios de TTY pueden marcar al 7-1-1.
The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) has been working closely with the Governor’s Office, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), and other state agencies to ensure our schools and communities have the most up-to-date information and resources. The health and safety of our children and staff are our top priorities. Here is the latest news regarding COVID-19 and Virginia schools:
- Virginia updated its Interim Guidance for Schools-This is a PDF document. on March 23, based on the CDC’s recently revised Operational Strategy for K-12 Schools through Phased Mitigation to permit for 3 feet of physical distancing (instead of 6 feet) in certain circumstances.
- Governor Northam has updated Executive Orders effective 4/21 and 5/15 to allow for fine arts performances and further loosen public health restrictions. Read more about implications for schools here.
- Visit the VDOE Interim Guidance for Reopening webpage for related resources from VDH and VDOE.
- Virginia School Reopening March 2021
- Learn more from Dr Lane about why SOLS are happening this year and they will look like
For questions related to health services in schools, contact Tracy White, VDOE School Health Specialist, by email at Tracy.White@doe.virginia.gov and for all other general inquiries, contact email@example.com.