Virginia's Application for IDEA Part B Funds
VDOE's annual application to receive funding for federal fiscal year 2022 (FFY) under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 (IDEA, 2004) must be submitted on or before May 27, 2022 in order for Virginia to be eligible to receive funds. FFY 2022 funds will be made available to eligible states on July 1, 2022. The U.S. Department of Education requires that the application be published at least 60 days prior to the date on which the plan is submitted, with an opportunity for public comments for at least 30 days.
Virginia's application for FFY 2022 consists of three sections:
- Section I: Submission Statements
- Section II: Assurances and Certifications
- Section III: Description of Use of Funds
Virginia's Application for FFY 2022 Part B Funds Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA):
- Application for FFY 2022 Part B Funds-This is a Word document.
- Interactive Spreadsheet - The VDOE has not received allocations for FFY 2022 grant funds because USED is currently funded under a Continuing Resolution. As soon as Congress makes appropriations for 2022, USED will provide states its FFY 2022 Interactive Spreadsheets. In the meantime, states have been asked to include its FFY 2021 Interactive Spreadsheet with the Grant Application during the public participation period.
- Virginia-Part B Interactive Spreadsheet for FFY 2021-This is an excel spreadsheet.
- Virginia-Part B Interactive Spreadsheet for FFY 2021-This is a PDF document.
- Interactive Spreadsheet Year-to-Year Comparison
- Virginia-Part B Interactive Spreadsheet Year-to-Year Comparison for FFY 2021-This is an excel spreadsheet.
- Virginia-Part B Interactive Spreadsheet Year-to-Year Comparison for FFY 2021-This is a PDF document.
- Updated Interactive Spreadsheet Year-to-Year Comparison FFY2022
According to the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA), each state must make its application for IDEA Part B and Part C funds available to the public for 60 days, including a 30-day public comment period. Public comments on the FFY 2022 Virginia Application for Part B Funds under IDEA will be accepted from March 11 – April 11, 2022. Public comment may be submitted to Sped-Finance@doe.virginia.gov.