Budget & Grants Management
News & Announcements
Direct Aid & State Payments
- Direct Aid Payment Calculation Templates – Estimated, projected and final funding amounts; and calculation templates.
- Composite Index of Local Ability to Pay – Most SOQ funding is equalized based on local ability to pay as determined by the composite index.
- State Share of Lottery Payments to School Divisions - (XLS) - Lottery profits are distributed to school divisions using a formula determined by the General Assembly in the appropriation act.
- ESEA Maintenance of Effort Calculation
- Local Education Agency Indirect Cost Rates for Indirect Cost Recovery on Federal Grants
- Fiscal Year 2023 Indirect Cost Rates-This is an excel spreadsheet.
- Fiscal Year 2022 Indirect Cost Rates-This is an excel spreadsheet.
- Fiscal Year 2021 Indirect Cost Rates-This is an excel spreadsheet.
- Fiscal Year 2020 Indirect Cost Rates-This is an excel spreadsheet.
- Fiscal Year 2019 Indirect Cost Rates-This is a XLS document. (XLSX)
- Fiscal Year 2018 Indirect Cost Rates-This is a XLS document. (XLS)
- Fiscal Year 2017 Indirect Cost Rates-This is a XLS document. (XLS)
- Fiscal Year 2016 Indirect Cost Rates-This is a XLS document. (XLS)
- Fiscal Year 2015 Indirect Cost Rates-This is a XLS document. (XLS)
Reports to the General Assembly
The Office of Budget is required by the Code of Virginia or the Appropriation Act to report the following to the General Assembly:
- Teacher Salary Survey Reports - Average teacher salary information is collected from school divisions annually as well as principal and assistant principal salary information.
- Required Local Effort and Required Local Match - Collected from school divisions annually to show the degree to which each school division has met, failed to meet, or surpassed its required local expenditure in support of the Standards of Quality (SOQ), as well as required local match for the optional Incentive and Lottery-funded programs in the Direct Aid to Public Education budget.
- Uses of At-Risk Funding - School divisions report the uses of state funding for at-risk students. The state funding reported includes the At-Risk Add-on, Prevention, Intervention, and Remediation, and Early Intervention Reading Initiative.
To access these reports:
- Visit https://rga.lis.virginia.gov/
- Filter "Department of Education" as the Author
- Filter by the appropiate year
- OMEGA – Online Management of Education Grant Awards – VDOE’s automated grant application and reimbursement system
Locality Ledger Reports
- Locality Ledger Reports list all state and federal payments made by VDOE to school divisions. Reports are generated as Excel spreadsheets and may either be downloaded or viewed online.
Retirement Incentive Payments
- USED guidance for school divisions on federal programs and retirement incentive programs and fringe benefits.