Virtual Learning Advisory Committee
News & Announcements
The next meeting of the Virtual Learning Advisory Committee meeting will be held on Monday, March 15, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus health emergency, the meeting will proceed under modified procedures. The meeting is open to the public for viewing and will be livestreamed on the VDOE YouTube Channel.
The Virtual Learning Advisory Committee was established in 2014 and charged with advising VDOE on:
- Online courses, in-service training and digital instructional resources necessary for school divisions to meet graduation requirements
- Strategic planning to expand blended and online learning opportunities in Virginia's public schools, including cost-effective access to high-need and low-demand courses, training, content and digital resources.
- Also see Code of Virginia – Establishing VLAC-This is a PDF document.-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
Meetings for the Virtual Learning Advisory Committee (VLAC) are held twice a year and will be announced. All meetings are open to the public, and the location will be announced in advance.
Membership to VLAC consists of one superintendent (or designee) from each of the eight superintendent's regions, the superintendent of public instruction (or designee), up to three appropriate members determined by VDOE and such other members as the VDOE deems appropriate. The contractor that manages Virtual Virginia shall serve as a nonvoting ex officio member.
- Advisory Board Members-This is a Word document.
- Committee Contact: Dr. Meg Foley, Virtual Learning Specialist, VDOE Office of STEM and Innovation, 804-786-0877