Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP)
The Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP) program is designed for those students who are at least 16 years of age and enrolled in high school programs who are having difficulty finding success in a regular classroom environment. ISAEP programs are located in school divisions and funded through a combination of state grants and local funds. Many, but not all school divisions, provide program services. Students and parents/guardians seeking specific information about the ISAEP program should contact the local school division.
- High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation (Currently, the only board-approved HSE examination in Virginia is the GED® test.)
- Career and Technical Education & Work-Based Learning
- Career Counseling
- Economics and Personal Finance
- Initial Principal-Parent Student (PPS) meeting
- Student evaluation and/or assessment
- 7.5 grade equivalent or higher on a recognized standardized measure of reading achievement
- Achieve a minimum score on the GED practice test
Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP) Program Application Packet
For information about the annual grant application process for school divisions, refer to the Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP) Program Application Packet-This is a Word document..