Career Connections is the area designed to help students prepare for careers and continuing education in a challenging and rapidly changing workplace. This service area provides connecting links for students in pursuit of career development and related career information resources. Connecting links include pathways, program models, or processes that lead to, or point the way to, career goals. The total concept of Career Connections includes the components of career information resources, career development, and career connecting links.
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2020-2021 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center.
- Career Exploration: Elementary Grades (9066)
Safety Best Practice Guide for CTE
The Safety Best Practice Guide for CTE-This is a Word document. is a collection of best practice resources used to assist school divisions in the development of a local safety school safety plan.
- Career Connections Course Listing-This is a Word document.
- Essential Competency List for Career Connections – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Career Connections
- Virginia Career VIEW – Vital Information for Education and Work
- Virginia Education Wizard
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (Virginia ACTE)