Business & Information Technology
News & Announcements
Student Competency Record for Keyboarding 6150-18 weeks
Due to a programming glitch in VERSO, the Student Competency Record for Keyboarding 6150-18 weeks is not available. Until this issue is resolved, please use the 2019-2020 Student Competency Record Keyboarding Middle: 6150 (18 weeks)-This is a Word document. document. Notification will be sent through the Business and Information IT listserv and through the CTE Resource Center system when the issue is resolved.
Through the Business and Information Technology program, students are provided opportunities to complement their academic preparation while exploring a variety of careers and learning skills and concepts in the areas of word processing; computer applications and solutions; finance and accounting; business law and management; programming; database design and management; design, multimedia and web technologies; entrepreneurship; and principles of business and marketing.
Intensive preparation for business and information technology careers is available at the secondary level. Courses enable students to investigate opportunities in business, prepare for entry and advancement on the job, develop management skills and identify further education and training necessary within a chosen career cluster.
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2019-2020 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center:
- Accounting (6320)
- Accounting, Advanced (6321)
- Business Law (6131, 6132)
- Computer Information Systems (6612, 6614)
- Computer Information Systems, Advanced (6613, 6615)
- Computer Solutions (6606, 6607, 6608, 6609, 6610)
- Legal Administration 6735, 6736)
- Medical Administration (6730, 6731)
- Programming (6640)
- Programming, Advanced (6641)
Safety Best Practice Guide for CTE
The Safety Best Practice Guide for CTE-This is a Word document. is a collection of best practice resources used to assist school divisions in the development of a local safety school safety plan.
- Business & Information Technology Course Listing-This is a Word document.
- Essential Competency List for Business and Information Technology – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Business and Information Technology
Career and Technical Student OrganizationVirginia Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
Prepares students for leadership and careers in business through business-related education and entrepreneurial skill development, community service and partnerships with the professional sector. For more information, visit the CTSO web page.
- Virginia Business Education Association (VBEA)
- Southern Business Education Association (SBEA)
- National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- Foundation for the Future of Business Education
- Delta Pi Epsilon (DPE)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (Virginia ACTE)