Virginia Department of Education
Need vaccine? Learn how to get your shot at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov or call 1-877-VAX-IN VA 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Language translation available, TTY users dial 7-1-1.
¿Necesitas vacunarte? Enterate como conseguir tu vacuna Vaccinate.Virginia.gov o llamando al 1-877-829-4682 de 8am a 6pm, lunes-sábado. Traduccion disponible en tu idioma. Usuarios de TTY pueden marcar al 7-1-1.
Navigating Virginia Education in Uncertain Times
Virginia LEARNS: Navigating Virginia Education in Uncertain Times provides recommendations and identifies resources and best practices related to equity, curricula — especially in literacy and mathematics — remediation and intervention strategies, assessments, data analysis, student and staff wellness, and technology to support instruction and learning.
COVID-19 & Virginia Schools
The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) has been working closely with the Governor’s Office, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), and other state agencies to ensure our schools and communities have the most up-to-date information and resources. The health and safety of our children and staff are our top priorities. Here is the latest news regarding COVID-19 and Virginia schools:
- Virginia ’s mask mandate has been updated. While indoors on school property, all students, teachers, staff, and visitors must wear a mask over their nose and mouth regardless of vaccination status. For more information visit our FAQ Page.
- The COVID-19 vaccines are now available for children as young as 12, and some schools are hosting school-based vaccination clinics. Visit https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/ for more information.
- Virginia School Reopening March 2021
- Learn more from Dr. Lane about why SOLS are happening this year and they will look like.
Stay Informed with TeacherDirect
TeacherDirect provides a direct line of communication with classroom teachers and educators. TeacherDirect includes information about new instructional resources created by VDOE staff as well as professional development, grant opportunities, and other information of special interest to teachers and their students.
Virginia is for Learners: #EdEquityVA
Education is our most effective tool to reduce poverty, address racism, and sustain economic advancement for all Virginians. The Commonwealth is committed to ensuring that students and families in Virginia, regardless of their race, economic status, or the languages they speak at home, feel welcomed in their schools. Visit VirginiaIsForLearners.virginia.gov/EdEquityVA to learn more about the commitment to ensure that the Commonwealth’s public education system is positioned to achieve equitable academic outcomes for all students.
School Quality Profiles
Virginia’s School Quality Profiles provide information about accreditation, student achievement, college and career readiness, program completion, school safety, teacher quality and other topics of interest to parents and the general public. School Quality Profile reports are available for schools, school divisions and for the commonwealth.
Featured Site Resources
News & Announcements
- June 7, 2021 - State Superintendent Reminds Virginia Families of Availability of Free Summer Meals-This is a Word document.
- June 3, 2021 - 21 Virginia High School Students Named National Cyber Scholars
- May 25, 2021 - State Superintendent Announces Virginia Finalists for Presidential Math & Science Teaching Awards-This is a Word document.
- May 19, 2021 - State Education Chief Testifies at House Hearing on Students Experiencing Homelessness and Children in Foster Care
- Read all News Releases