Assessment & Achievement Data
Standards of Learning Assessment Results
Virginia's accountability system supports teaching and learning by setting rigorous academic standards and through annual assessments of student achievement. These assessments include SOL tests and other measures of student achievement, including alternative assessments taken by certain students with disabilities and children with limited English proficiency.
- School Quality Profiles
- SOL Test Results
- Accreditation & Federal Reports – Links to results based on the performance of students on Standards of Learning tests and other statewide assessments.
- Archived assessment results – Prior to 2006, spring testing results for English, mathematics, history/social science and science for grades 3, 5, and 8, as well as for end-of-course tests were reported.
- Special education performance reports for school divisions – State-level and division-level reports on the performance of students with disabilities including information on graduation and dropout rates, participation and performance on statewide assessments and other indicators.
Assessment Results & Accountability
In addition to reporting the results of student assessments, the information is used in determining school accreditation and adequate yearly progress. The following help explain how assessment results are used for accountability purposes:
- Accountability & Virginia Public Schools (PDF) – a guide to understanding Virginia’s system for holding schools accountable for raising student achievement.
- Accountability Terminology – a guide to understanding various terms associated with public education in Virginia.