Professional Development for Technology Integration
VDOE-sponsored Online Professional Development for Technology Integration
The Office of Innovation offers several 6-week online professional development courses that focus on integrating technology into instruction, with an eye to supporting the Profile of a Virginia Graduate and associated initiatives. The courses are provided at no cost to Virginia teachers. Each course takes about 30 hours all together to complete (these facilitated courses involve acquiring knowledge, interactive discussions each week with teachers from around the state, and developing an appropriate integration project). A certificate for 30 recertification points is awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Registration for the spring sessions of our online technology integration courses are now closed. Registration for the summer session will begin May 1. Please check back for instructions on signing up which will be posted on May 1.
- Project-Based Approaches-This is a Word document. – foster self-directed learning
- Collaboration in the Digital Classroom-This is a Word document. – use online tools to assist collaboration in the classroom
- Designing Blended Learning-This is a Word document. – design your own blended learning experience for students
- Assessment in 21st Century Classrooms – explore different types of assessments
- Thinking Critically with Data-This is a Word document. – how to involve students in using real data for knowledge creation
- Inquiry in the Science Classroom-This is a Word document. – use science content and skills to teach thinking
Educational Technology Conferences in Virginia
Leading Edge Forum
The Leading Edge Forum is a joint event sponsored by the Virginia Society for Technology in Education (VSTE) and the Virginia Department of Education. This annual forum is held in the fall. The purpose is to enable division technology directors and specialists to communicate with each other regarding common interests and concerns.
October 2018 Presentations
- Profile of a Virginia Graduate: New ways of learning and teaching and their impact on technology in schools-This is a PPT presentation., Jean Weller
- Open Education Resources (OER): Practicalities for Schools-This is a PPT presentation., Jean Weller
VSTE Annual Technology in Education Conference
The Annual Technology in Education Conference brings educators together to explore ways to use technology to support and enhance teaching and learning. The conference is sponsored by the Virginia Society for Technology in Education (VSTE). If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Karen Richardson, VSTE Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside Resources for Professional Development
Professional Development for Teachers Who Plan to Teach Online
A list of resources and courses offered for teachers who are interested in pursuing online teaching (fully online or blended).