Virginia law requires institutions having children in residence or custody to provide education and training commensurate with that provided to pupils in public schools. These educational services may be provided on-site cooperatively with the Virginia Department of Education or pursuant to a contract with a public school division or other public or private nonsectarian school, agency, or facility. The Board of Education prescribes standards for the education of students by these facilities; the facilities in turn must submit annually their proposed educational programs for approval by the board.
- State Operated Programs Contact List-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
- State Operated Programs Administrative Manual (PDF)
- 2011 IEP & IEP Amendment Flow Chart (PDF)
- 2011 Parent Identification & Service Termination Flow Charts (PDF)
- 2011 Re-Evaluation Flow Chart (PDF)
- 2011 School Based Team Flow Chart (PDF)