Virginia Dashboard for Quarterly Reporting
To assist schools and divisions in utilizing data to assist students at risk of failure or who are not meeting expected growth measures, the Virginia Dashboard is available. This web-based data analysis and reporting tool offers a single platform for collecting and analyzing multiple types of longitudinal student data such as student achievement, attendance and discipline data. It is available to any Virginia public school at an annual cost of $500 per school.
- Information on the state contract for this tool (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) from webinars held September 19-22, 2011
- Availability of a New Web-based Data Analysis and Reporting Tool - Superintendent's Memo #222-11, Aug. 12, 2011
- DataCation Training – Setting Metrics and Creating Groups (PPT)
The Virginia Dashboard can be used as an alternative to the existing Virginia Early Warning System (VEWS) tool. It can also be used to streamline the quarterly reporting process. This tool is not required nor mandated by the Office of School Improvement. It is simply provided as a means to support school divisions’ access to an affordable data management system using their current Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF) to analyze quarterly data. The data analysis tool is certified by the Schools Interoperability Framework Association, to at least version 1.5 of the specification, compliant with state and federal privacy laws and regulations, and with Virginia’s Information Security Policy and Standards.
- The Virginia Dashboard is a customized system based on the DataCation product.
- Quarterly reports will be generated based upon the indicators outlined in the Casenex proposal (PDF)
- Contact information for CaseNEX – DataCation:
Peter Bencivenga President
CaseNEX - DataCation
227 West 29th Street
New York, NY 10001