Reports, Plans & Statistics
Virginia's Special Education State Performance Plan (SPP) – Part B
IDEA requires states to submit a performance plan which includes baseline data, targets and improvement activities for indicators developed by the United States Department of Education.
- Virginia SPP 2014 revision (PDF)
- Virginia SPP 2013 revision (PDF)
- Virginia SPP 2012 revision (PDF)
- Virginia SPP 2011 revision (PDF)
- Virginia SPP 2010 revision (PDF)
- Virginia SPP 2009 revision (PDF)
- Virginia SPP 2008 revision (PDF)
- Virginia Original 2005-2010 State Performance Plan (PDF)
Virginia's Annual Performance Reports (APR)
States report annually on state level performance in meeting the targets identified in the State Performance Plan.
- Virginia APR 2012-2013 (PDF)
- Virginia APR 2011-2012 (PDF)
- Virginia APR 2010-2011 (PDF)
- Virginia APR 2009-2010 (PDF)
- Virginia APR 2008-2009 (PDF)
- Virginia APR 2007-2008 (PDF)
- Virginia APR 2006-07 (PDF
- Virginia APR 2005-06 (PDF)
Report to the Public on State & School Division Level Performance on Annual Performance Report Targets
State and division-level performance on APR targets, reported annually.
Public Reporting – Part B
2011-2012 Section 618 Data
- Part B – Assessment (XLS) – The assessment data are counts, by grade level, of the number of students with disabilities participating in state assessments and their performance on those assessments
- Part B – Child Count and Ed Environment (XLS) – The child count and educational environment data are the unduplicated, actual counts of all children and students with disabilities served under IDEA, Part B, ages 3 through 21, by age group and disability category, according to their educational environment.
- Part B – Exiting (XLS) – The exiting data are counts of the number of students with disabilities exiting special education.
- Part B – Discipline (XLS) – The discipline data are counts of the number of children and students with disabilities removed to interim educational settings, the acts precipitating those removals, and the number of children and students with disabilities subject to long-term suspension or expulsion.
- Part B – Dispute Resolution (XLS) – The dispute resolution data are counts of the written, signed complaints; mediation requests; hearing requests; and expedited hearing requests for children ages 3 -21 in each state and outlying area.
- Part B – Personnel (XLS) – The Personnel data are counts of the number of full-time equivalent personnel employed or contracted to provide special education and related services on or about the child count date.
- MOE and CEIS (XLS) – LEA Allocations, Maintenance of Effort (MOE) and Coordinated Early Intervening Services (CEIS)
Public Reporting – Part C
Section 618 Data is available from the Infant & Toddler Connection of Virginia
- Child Count & Setting
- Dispute Resolution