Virginia's Application for IDEA Part B Funds
VDOE's annual application to receive funding for federal fiscal year 2019 (FFY) under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 (IDEA, 2004) must be submitted on or before May 17, 2019 in order for Virginia to be eligible to receive funds. FFY 2019 funds will be made available to eligible states on July 1, 2019. The U.S. Department of Education requires that the application be published at least 60 days prior to the date on which the plan is submitted, with an opportunity for public comments for at least 30 days.
Virginia's application for FFY 2019 consists of three sections:
- Section I: Submission Statements
- Section II: Assurances and Certifications
- Section III: Description of Use of Funds
Virginia's Application for FFY 2019 Part B Funds Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA):
- Application for FFY 2019 Part B Funds-This is a Word document.
- Virginia-Part B Interactive Spreadsheet for FFY 2019-This is a Word document.
- Virginia-Part B Interactive Spreadsheet for FFY 2019-This is an excel spreadsheet.
According to the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA), each state must make its application for IDEA Part B and Part C funds available to the public for 60 days, including a 30-day public comment period. Public comments on the FFY2019 Virginia Application for Part B Funds under IDEA will be accepted from March 15 – April 15, 2019. Public comment may be submitted to Tracie.Coleman@doe.virginia.gov.