Budget & Grants Management
Direct Aid & State Payments
- Direct Aid Payment Calculation Templates – Estimated, projected and final funding amounts; and calculation templates.
- Composite Index of Local Ability to Pay – Most SOQ funding is equalized based on local ability to pay as determined by the composite index.
- State Sales Tax Revenue in Support of Public Education – A portion of state sales tax revenues is distributed in support of public education based on school-age population estimates.
- State Share of Lottery Payments to School Divisions (XLS) – Lottery profits are distributed to school divisions using a formula determined by the General Assembly in the appropriation act.
- Teacher Salary Survey Reports – Average teacher salary information is collected from school divisions annually as well as principal and assistant principal salary information.
- Required Local Effort and Required Local Match is collected from school divisions annually to show the degree to which each school division has met, failed to meet, or surpassed its required local expenditure in support of the Standards of Quality (SOQ).
- 2014-2015 Required Local Effort & Required Local Match (PDF)
- 2013-2014 Required Local Effort & Required Local Match (PDF)
- 2012-2013 Required Local Effort & Required Local Match (PDF)
- 2011-2012 Required Local Effort & Required Local Match (PDF)
- 2010-2011 Required Local Effort & Required Local Match (PDF)
- Local Education Agency Indirect Cost Rates for Indirect Cost Recovery on Federal Grants
- OMEGA – Online Management of Education Grant Awards – VDOE’s automated grant application and reimbursement system
Locality Ledger Reports
- Locality Ledger Reports list all state and federal payments made by VDOE to school divisions. Reports are generated as Excel spreadsheets and may either be downloaded or viewed online.
Retirement Incentive Payments
- USED guidance for school divisions on federal programs and retirement incentive programs and fringe benefits.