Virtual Learning Advisory Committee
News & Announcements
The next meeting of the Virtual Learning Advisory Committee meeting will be held on April 19, 2017 at 9 a.m. The meeting will be held in the Jefferson Conference Room on the 22nd floor of the Monroe Building.
The Virtual Learning Advisory Committee was established in 2014 and charged with advising VDOE on:
- Online courses, in-service training and digital instructional resources necessary for school divisions to meet graduation requirements
- Strategic planning to expand blended and online learning opportunities in Virginia's public schools, including cost-effective access to high-need and low-demand courses, training, content and digital resources.
- Also see Code of Virginia – Establishing VLAC-This is a PDF document.-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
VLAC committee meetings are held twice a year.
All meetings are open to the public. Unless otherwise announced, all meetings will be held in the Jefferson Conference Room on the 22nd floor of the Monroe Building, 101 N. 14th Street, Richmond, VA 23219.
Files are PDF unless otherwise indicated.
Membership to VLAC consists of one superintendent (or designee) from each of the eight superintendent's regions, the superintendent of public instruction (or designee), up to three appropriate members determined by VDOE and such other members as the VDOE deems appropriate. The contractor that manages Virtual Virginia shall serve as a nonvoting ex officio member.
- Advisory Board Members-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
- Committee Contact: Mark R. Saunders, VDOE Director of The Office of Technology and Virtual Learning, 804-786-0307