News & Announcements
2017 Computer Science Standards of Learning Curriculum Framework Open for Public Comment
On July 25, 2019, the Virginia Board of Education accepted for initial review the 2017 Computer Science Standards of Learning Curriculum Framework. The curriculum framework serves as the key guidance for instructional leaders and teachers of computer science (elementary, middle, high school) in planning computer science instruction and integration.
Public Comment on the 2017 Computer Science Standards of Learning Curriculum Framework-This is a Word document. can be provided through the 2017 Computer Science Standards Curriculum Framework survey and through interactive webinars scheduled for:
- August 20, 2019 7:30 AM
- August 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- August 21, 2019 7:30 AM
- August 21, 2019 4:00 PM
Registered participants will receive an email several days before the event in order to access the webinar.
Computer Science Resources
- Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA)
- Expanding Computer Education Pathways (ECEP) Alliance
- Computer Science Implementation Frequently Asked Questions-This is a Word document.
- Computer Science Course Codes-This is a Word document. – Superintendent's Memo 263-18
- 2016 Virginia Acts of Assembly Item 138, page 117 – Information regarding the funding appropriation related to computer science training and infrastructure
- CSTA 2017 K-12 Computer Science Standards
- K12CS Computer Science
- Virginia: The Digital Dominion – Come take a trip with us around the Commonwealth: Explore and learn about Virginia’s amazing contributions to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math that drive our future.
Computer Science Update Email
Teachers, principals and computer science coordinators are encouraged to register to receive the VDOE Computer Science Update distributed by the computer science office.
Contact Timothy Ellis, Computer Science Specialist, by email or by phone at 804-225-3489 with questions about Computer Science.