Career Connections is the area designed to help students prepare for careers and continuing education in a challenging and rapidly changing workplace. This service area provides connecting links for students in pursuit of career development and related career information resources. Connecting links include pathways, program models, or processes that lead to, or point the way to, career goals. The total concept of Career Connections includes the components of career information resources, career development, and career connecting links.
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2019-2020 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center.
- Entrepreneurship (9093)
- Entrepreneurship (9094)
- Introduction to Leadership (9091)
- Leadership Development (9097, 9096)
- Career Connections Course Listing-This is a Word document.
- Essential Competency List for Career Connections – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Career Connections
Federal and State Labor Laws for Youth Work-Based Learning – Know the Rules-This is a Word document. is a resource that compares federal and state labor laws for nonagricultural and agricultural occupations, parental exemption, and prohibited and hazardous occupations as they relate to youth work-based learning.
- Virginia Career VIEW – Vital Information for Education and Work
- Virginia Education Wizard
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (Virginia ACTE)