Virginia Department of Education
Preparing Every Student For What Comes Next
VirginiaIsForLearners.virginia.gov is the Commonwealth’s campaign to enhance the value of a high school diploma so that every child who earns one is truly ready to learn, work and thrive in the economy of the future.
Final Legislative Report for the 2019 General Assembly
The final 2019 General Assembly session legislative tracking reports are now available. These reports reflect the final actions on education-related legislation, including Appropriation Act language and resolutions.
Virginia's School Quality Profiles
School Quality Profiles provide information about student achievement, college and career readiness, program completion, school safety, teacher quality and other topics of interest to parents and the general public.
Featured Site Resources
News & Announcements
- June 19, 2019 – VDOE & VCCS Recognize Exemplary CTE Programs-This is a Word document.
- June 19, 2019 – Virginia 365 Project Recognizes Efforts to End Childhood Hunger and Food Insecurity-This is a Word document.
- June 12, 2019 – Virginia Peninsula Foodbank Recognized for Food Program Achievement-This is a Word document.
- Read all News Releases
Public Meeting & Public Comment Opportunities
- June 19: Committee on the Standards of Quality
- June 20: Board Business Meeting
- July 18-19, 2019: State Special Education Advisory Committee
- Through July 10: Standards of Accreditation (SOA) Guidance Document-This is a Word document.
- Through July 26: Proposed Amendment to Virginia’s Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA) State Plan-This is a Word document.