Every Student Succeeds Act
News & Announcements
Virginia’s ESSA State Plan – The Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA) was signed into law on December 10, 2015. The Board of Education approved its plan to implement ESSA at its July business meeting. The revised plan was submitted in February in response to the U.S. Department of Education’s interim feedback letter. The final version was submitted in April, 2018.
Virginia’s State Plan Development Timeline
The following list is hidden to sighted users and is specifically to be used for assistive technologies. In summary, it is the Federal Requirements Timeline
- ESSA Signed into law December 2015
- ESSA@doe.virginia.gov opens for public input March 2016
- Stakeholder feedback July 2016 through August 2017
- Proposed rules released May 2016
- Final regulations released November 2016
- Public review of plan June- July 2017
- Submission of state plan to USDOE September 2017
- Implementation of plan fall 2018
- All ESSA provisions go into effect fall 2018
- ESSA State Plan Steering Committee (PDF)
- List of Stakeholder Meetings-This is a PDF document.
- ESSA Survey Report-This is a PDF document.