Board Meeting Agenda – September 17, 2020
News & Announcements
Virginia Board of Education Public Notice – September 16-17, 2020
Pursuant to Chapter 1283 of the 2020 Acts of Assembly, the Virginia Board of Education will convene electronically on September 16 and 17. The purpose of these meetings is to transact the business statutorily required or necessary to continue the operations of the Board. Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus health emergency, the meetings will proceed under modified procedures.
All meetings are open to the public for viewing. All meetings will be livestreamed on the VDOE YouTube channel. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Webb, Director of Board Relations, at email@example.com or 804-225-2924.
The Board of Education will hold its monthly business meeting, beginning at 10 a.m. The agenda and meeting materials are available below. Oral public comment will not be accepted, however, written public comment is always accepted on the Board’s email account at BOE@doe.virginia.gov. Written public comment received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 15will be posted on the Board’s webpage. All written public comment will be provided to the Board in a timely manner.
Click on the links below to view individual agenda items. All documents are Word files unless otherwise indicated.
Business Session Agenda – Thursday, September 17, 2020
Full Board Convenes – 10 a.m.
Roll Call of Board Members
Approval of Minutes of the July 22-23,2020 Meetings of the Board
- August/September 2020 Public Comment Spreadsheet-This is an excel spreadsheet.
- August/September 2020 Written Public Comment Received by the Board-This is a PDF document.
- Final Review of Proposed Board of Education Meeting Dates for 2021-This is a Word document.
- Final Review of Nomination for Vacancy on the State Special Education Advisory Committee (SSEAC)-This is a Word document.
- Final Review of Resolution Prescribing the Standards of Quality for Public Schools in Virginia-This is a Word document.
- Item F – Attachment A-This is a Word document.
- Item F – Attachment B-This is a Word document.
- Item F – Attachment C-This is a Word document.
- Written Report on Drive 2025, the Virginia Department of Education’s Strategic Plan-This is a Word document.
- Update on Early Childhood Education in Virginia-This is a Word document.