Board Meeting Agenda – July 25-26, 2018
Click on the links below to view individual agenda items. All documents are Word files unless otherwise indicated.
Business Session – Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Full Board Convenes** – 4:00 p.m
**The purpose of convening in this meeting is for the Board to go into executive session under Virginia Code §2.2-3711(A)(40). Public comment will not be accepted at this time.
Business Session Agenda – Thursday, July 26, 2018
Full Board Convenes – 9 a.m.
Moment of Silence
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes of the June 27-28, 2018, Meeting of the Board
- Final Review of Recommendation of the Advisory Board on Teacher Education and Licensure (ABTEL) for a Passing Score for the Praxis Computer Science (5652) Test for the Computer Science Endorsement-This is a Word document.
- Final Review of Recommendation of the Advisory Board on Teacher Education and Licensure (ABTEL) for a Passing Score for the Praxis School Leader Licensure Assessment (6990) for the Administration and Supervision Endorsement -This is a Word document.
- Final Review of Financial Report on Literary Fund-This is a Word document.
- Second Review of Proposed Procedural Guidelines for Conducting Licensure Hearings-This is a Word document.
- First Review of Proposed Guidelines for the Use of Local Performance Assessments to Verify Credits in Writing-This is a Word document.
- First Review of the Addition of Special Permission Credit Accommodations to the Guidelines for Standard Diploma Credit Accommodations for Students with Disabilities -This is a Word document.
- Report on the Impact of School Funding Changes on Student Achievement-This is a Word document.
Discussion of Current Issues – by Board of Education Members and Superintendent of Public Instruction
Board of Education members will meet for a working lunch around 12:30p.m., Wednesday, July 25, 2018, in the 22nd Floor Conference Room of the James Monroe Building (101 N. 14th Street, Richmond, VA 23219). No votes will be taken, and it is open to the public.
Board of Education members will meet for dinner at 6 p.m., Wednesday, July 25, 2018, at the Berkeley Hotel (1200 East Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23219). Items for the Board agenda may be discussed informally at that dinner. No votes will be taken, and it is open to the public.
The Board president reserves the right to change the times listed on this agenda depending upon the time constraints during the meeting.
*Guidelines for Public Comment
The Board of Education will provide an opportunity for members of the public to address the Board at its meetings, as appropriate, during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At its regular meetings, members of the public may address the Board during the public comment portion of the meeting on any matter related to public education which includes the actions of the Board. During the public comment portion of any committee of the Board or any advisory committee of the Board, the Board requests that members of the public only address the committee on matters on the committee’s published agenda and any matters added to the agenda during the meeting by the committee.
Requests to address the Board or one of its committees during the public comment portion of the meeting shall include the subject to be discussed and the name of the speaker.
Requests to address the Board or one of its committees during the public comment portion of the meeting should be submitted to the Department of Education (804-225-2540 or Sonya.Broady@doe.virginia.gov) in advance of the meeting, but may be submitted the day of the meeting, at the discretion of the President or committee chairperson. In honoring such requests, the Board will limit such comments to three minutes for each speaker at the discretion of the President or committee chairperson.
The Board President or committee chairperson may, in his or her discretion, extend the public comment portion of the meeting, allocate the time available for public comment, adjust the order of speakers, or take other reasonable measures to ensure that the Board hears multiple views on any matter presented to the Board.
Public comment speakers will be encourages to provide multiple written copies (11) of their comments or other materials amplifying their views.