DATE: August 10, 2018
TO: Division Superintendents
FROM: James F. Lane, Superintendent of Public Instruction
SUBJECT:

2018-2019 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Allocations under Provisions of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA)


Attached are the 2018-2019 Title I, Part A, allocations for each school division (Attachment A). The final school division allocations are based on the Title I formulas applied by the U.S. Department of Education (USED) and reflect adjustments made by the Virginia Department of Education to account for state-level set-asides and funding allotted for services provided through the private school services bypass agreement, as applicable. As required in Section 1122(c) of ESEA, the variable hold-harmless provision was applied to the allocations by USED prior to awarding the funds to states. The terms of the grant award are provided in Attachment B.

The amount of the Title I, Part A, allocation available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2018, is 32.39 percent, and the remaining 67.61 percent is available as of October 1, 2018. The total amount of the Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, allocation is available as of July 1, 2018, through the reimbursement process. The terms of the grant awards are available in Attachments B (Title I, Part A) and C (Title I, Part D, Subpart 2).

The procedures and forms for submitting an application for Title I, Part A, were previously provided to school division program coordinators. Applications were due on July 1, 2018. Questions about the Title I, Part A, allocations or application process should be directed to Shyla Vesitis, Title I Coordinator, at Shyla.Vesitis@doe.virginia.gov: Email link. or (804) 225-3711. Questions about the Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, allocations or application process should be directed to Tiffany Frierson, Title I Specialist, at Tiffany.Frierson@doe.virginia.gov: Email link. or (804) 371-2682.

JFL/LS/sv

Attachments:

  1. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, 2018-2019 Grant Allocations
  2. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title I, Part A, Terms of Grant Award
  3. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965,Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Terms of Grant Award