|DATE:||July 27, 2018|
|FROM:||James F. Lane, Superintendent of Public Instruction|
2018-2019 Student Record Collection
To comply with the information and reporting requirements for report cards and performance indicators of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) will be conducting the Student Record Collection for the 2018-2019 school year.
Beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, the Student Record Collection (SRC) will implement the following changes:
- The School Choice Status Code data element has been retired.
- A new data element, Aggregate Days Unscheduled, has been added and will be optional for the 2018-2019 school year.
- The data elements collected to comply with the Regulations Governing the Collection and Reporting of Truancy Related Data and Student Attendance Policy, will not be collected on the Fall, are optional for the Spring, but will be required for the End-of-Year submission. The three data elements are:
- Attendance Plan Code
- Attendance Conference Code
- Court referral/Complaint or Proceedings Filed Code
There are several webinars scheduled to review the changes for the upcoming 2018-2019 Student Record Collection. The following sessions have been scheduled:
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018, at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, August 24, 2018, at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018, at 1 p.m.
Additional information regarding the above scheduled webinars and the 2018-2019 data elements on the SRC can be found on the VDOE’s website at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/info_management/data_collection/student_record_collection/index.shtml.
Questions or comments relating to the Student Record Collection should be directed to Educational Applications at RESULTSHELP@doe.virginia.gov: Email link. .
Questions or comments relating directly to the Regulations Governing the Collection and Reporting of Truancy Related Data and Student Attendance Policy should be directed to the Office of Student Services at Michael.Gregory@doe.virginia.gov: Email link. , 804-225-2071.