|DATE:||September 8, 2017|
|FROM:||Steven R. Staples, Superintendent of Public Instruction|
2017-2018 Title II, Part A, Allocations under Provisions of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA)
Attached are the 2017-2018 Title II, Part A, federal allocations for each school division (Attachment A). The amount of the Title II, Part A, allocations available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2017, is 16.97 percent, and the remaining 83.03 percent is available as of October 1, 2017. The terms of the grant award are available in Attachment B.
Under the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA), the hold-harmless provisions that were in effect for Title II, Part A, division allocations were eliminated beginning with the 2017-2018 grant allocations. Additionally, when Congress determined appropriations for the 2017-2018 award, Title II, Part A, funding was reduced from the amount awarded in 2016-2017. School divisions will notice a decrease from preliminary estimates that were provided in January 2017.
The procedures and forms for submitting an application for ESEA funds are available at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/federal_programs/esea/applications/index.shtml. The applications were due July 1, 2017. For questions about the Title II, Part A, allocations or application process, please contact Carol Sylvester, Education Coordinator, at (804) 371-0908 or Carol.Sylvester@doe.virginia.gov; or Michael Courtney, Title II/IV Specialist, at (804) 371-2934 or Michael.Courtney@doe.virginia.gov.