Office of School Facilities services
A. K. (Vijay) Ramnarain – Director
Hunter L. Barnes
The mission of the Office of School Facilities Services is to provide technical assistance in the planning, construction and maintenance of public educational facilities grades preK through 12 in Virginia that provide a safe and secure learning environment that supports student learning and academic achievement.
The goals of the office are to:
- Keep school divisions informed of State and Federal regulations which impact the planning, construction or operation of school facilities
- Maintain records on past and active public school construction projects
- Collect and compile data, and provide information on school construction costs, design trends
- Assign school project numbers
- Support those projects with literary loans through the construction process
- Review and comment on school construction documents
- Maintain and update the Virginia Public School Facilities Guidelines
For information, programs and services offered by this office, see:
Code of Virginia § 22.1-135 through 140.