Virginia Department of Education
News & Announcements
- October 10 – Governor Northam Announces $3.75 Million Grant to Improve Learning in Schools Hit by Opioid Crisis
- October 5 – Northam Administration Announces New Members of School Readiness Committee
- October 4 – Commonwealth of Virginia and ACT to Launch Breakfast Pilot Program
- October 4 – Governor Northam Awards $6 Million in New School Security Equipment Grants
- October 3 – VDOE Presents “Critical Decision Point” Training for Parents of Students with Disabilities
- October 3 – Eight Virginia Schools Earn National Blue Ribbon Award
- Read all News Releases
2018-2019 School Accreditation
Virginia's new accreditation standards encourage continuous improvement for all schools. School Quality Profile reports show how schools performed on school quality indicators for academic achievement, achievement gaps and student engagement and outcomes.
Standards of Accreditation
Full text of 2017 SOA and communications resources on how the revised standards support continuous improvement for schools and college, career and civic readiness for students.
High-Quality Preschool Through the Eyes of a Child
Virginia Preschool Initiative Plus (VPI+) is providing enhanced, high-quality preschool services to more than 13,000 children and their families. Follow the story of one participating preschooler and learn how VPI+ is making a difference for children, their families, their teachers and the whole school community.