Facility Construction & Maintenance
Radon Testing Training Class – View live streaming video September 25 at 10 a.m. See Superintendent's Memo #219-14.
There are currently more than 1,800 public school buildings serving Virginia's K-12 students. The issues involved in providing and planning adequate school facilities are complex and require thoughtful consideration. To plan and construct school buildings that meet today's educational needs, are easy to maintain and are economical to build is an important and difficult task.
How VDOE helps
VDOE provides leadership and technical services to Virginia's public school facilities in the following areas:
- School facility planning
- School building guidelines
- Energy efficiency and high performance school buildings
- School construction cost data
- School construction project submission
- Facility conferences and training
- School safety
- Playground safety
- School facility studies
- Resources and information