Library & Media Services
A library media center is an essential component in supporting each school's instructional program. The library media center provides a variety of learning and teaching resources supporting academic standards, information literacy skills and general interest topics for students
- Video: The Role of the School Librarian and Library Media Specialist
Henrico County Director of Non-Traditional Program Lynne Thorpe highlights the importance of school librarians and library media specialists. Dr. Thorpe was recognized by the School Library Journal as the 2006 administrator of the year.
- Linking Libraries & Academic Achievement
Guidance for library media specialists in developing best practices for teaching and learning based on information from Information Power, a publication of the American Library Association and the Association for Educational Communications & Technology.
- Virginia Association of School Librarians (VAASL)
- American Library Association (ALA)
- American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
- School Library Journal
- School Library Monthly
- Teacher Librarian
- Video Collaboration: Putting the Puzzle Pieces Together, Part 1
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction's Gerry Solomon discusses the Project IMPACT collaborative model and techniques to improve student academic achievement. The 24-minute webinar was presented April 4, 2007.
- Video Collaboration: Putting the Puzzle Pieces Together, Part 2
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction's Gerry Solomon continues to discuss the Project IMPACT collaborative model and techniques to improve student academic achievement. The 20-minute webinar was presented April 4, 2007.