Project Graduation provides remedial instruction and assessment opportunities for students at risk of not meeting the commonwealth’s diploma requirements.
Related Modules & Tests
- SOL Practice Items – Provide examples of the new content and increased rigor of the 2009 Mathematics SOL
- Released SOL Tests & Item Sets – Tests and item sets representative of the content and skills included in the Virginia SOL tests
- English Reading/Writing Modules have been updated to align with the current English Standards are Learning and are included in the English Enhanced Scope and Sequence. Additional resources can be found on the English Standards of Learning Web page
- Mathematics Instructional Resources
The General Assembly provides funding through Project Graduation for academies for high school students who need additional instruction in preparation for SOL tests in all content areas, including assessments required to earn verified credit toward the Modified Standard Diploma. Academies are conducted during the summer and during the school year, and include multiple opportunities for retesting.
2015-16 Project Graduation Academic Year Academy
- 2015 Academic Year Academy Grants – Superintendent’s Memo 246-15, Sept. 18, 2015
- Attachment A: 2015-16 Academic Year Application Instructions (PDF)
- Attachment B: 2015-16 Academic Year Application (Word)
- 2015-16 Academic Year Budget Template (XLS)
2015 Project Graduation Summer Academy
- 2015 Summer Academy Grants – Superintendent’s Memo 120-15, May 8, 2015
- Attachment A: Instructions for 2015 Project Graduation Summer Academy (PDF)
- Attachment B: Application for 2015 Project Graduation Summer Academy (Word)
- 2015 Summer Academy Budget Template (XLS)
- The Board of Education has approved a number of substitute tests that students may take to earn verified credits toward graduation.
- SOL Substitute Tests for Verified Credit – effective beginning 2014-2015 School Year (PDF)
- The board also has approved a schedule of career and technical examinations for licensure or certification that may be substituted for SOL tests to earn student-selected verified units of credit. Tests for licensure or certification that require the demonstration of knowledge and skills beyond what is associated with a single course may result in the awarding of two units of verified credit.
- Guidelines for the Read-aloud/Audio Accommodation on the Standards of Learning (SOL) Reading Tests and the Virginia Grade Level Alternative (VGLA) for Reading – Superintendent's Memo, Informational #235, Oct. 27, 2006