|National Art Education Association has designated March as Youth Art Month. Festivities take place annually to celebrate visual arts for grades K-12.|
|National Association for Music Education (NAfME) has designated March as Music In Our Schools Month .|
|American Alliance for Theatre & Education.|
Knowledge and skills that students acquire through instruction in the fine arts include the abilities to think critically, solve problems creatively, make informed judgments, work cooperatively within groups, appreciate different cultures, imagine and create.
- Dance SOL Crosswalk, 2006 to 2013 (Word) or (PDF)
- Dance 2006 Core Academic Correlation Chart (Word) or (PDF)
- Who's Dancin' Now? – A resource for educators, parents and students to learn about arts education including a documentary that explores the impact of early exposure to the arts.
- American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD)
- National Dance Association
- Virginia Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (VAHPERD)
- Music SOL Crosswalk, 2006 to 2013 (Word) or (PDF)
- Music 2013 Core Academic Correlation Chart (Word) or (PDF)
- K-5 Sample Music Curriculum (Word) or (PDF)
- 6-8 Sample Music Curriculum (Word) or (PDF)
- K-8 Instructional Strategies and Correlations
- African Heritage in Classical Music – Resources and information on 52 African, African American and Afro European composers, conductors and instrumental performers.
- Music Educators National Conference
- Virginia Band and Orchestra Directors Association
- Virginia Music Educators Association
- Theatre SOL Crosswalk, 2006 to 2013 (Word) or (PDF)
- Theatre 2013 Core Academic Correlation Chart (Word) or (PDF)
- Theatre Arts Sample Curriculum (PDF)
- School of the Performing Arts in the Richmond Community (SPARC) New Voices for the Theatre – Information on SPARC's statewide playwriting competition and summer-residency program.
- Big Whoop About Zip – Free script adaptation of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.
- Creative Drama & Theatre Education Resource Site – Classroom ideas, creative drama, theater games, plays for performance and a book list for educators.
- American Alliance for Theatre in Education
- American Association of Community Theatre
- Southeastern Theatre Conference
- Virginia Theatre Association
- Visual Arts SOL Crosswalk, 2006 to 2013 (Word) or (PDF)
- Visual Arts 2013 Core Academic Correlation Chart (Word) or (PDF)
- K-8 Instructional Strategies & Correlations
- Visual Arts Sample Curriculum (Word) or (PDF)
Based on the 2000 visual arts SOL and developed in collaboration with the following school divisions: Carroll County, Galax, Grayson County, Pulaski County, Smyth County, Washington County, Wise County and Wythe County.
- Safety/Toxic Art (PPT)
- P. Buckley Moss Foundation for Children's Education – Lesson plans, conferences, art awards and grants opportunities promoting the integration of the arts into all educational programs.
- ArtsEdge – Arts-integrated resources for K-12 educators from the Kennedy Center.
- Arts Education Partnership – Information and communication about current and emerging arts education policies, issues, and activities at the national, state and local levels.
- Artslynx International Arts Resources – Web portal for theater, dance, music and other arts links.
- Joy2Learn – Videos and interactive multimedia presentations and performances by artists including Hector Elizondo, Alan Gampel, Gregory Hines, Wynton Marsalis, Elizabeth Murray and Richard Serra, from the Joy2Learn Foundation.
- National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts (NFAA) – Information for educators and YoungArts scholarship opportunities for students interested in cinematic arts, dance, jazz, music, photography, theater, visual arts, voice and writing.
- Virginia Arts Festival Worldclass Education Program – For six weeks each spring, Hampton Roads and Southeastern Virginia students have the opportunity experience student matinees, master classes and in-school performances and workshops with Virginia Arts Festival artists and performers.