CTE Professional Development
Video Training Series for Administrators
Fifteen training sessions to be held during the 2016-2017 school year for new and experienced CTE administrators. The goal is to provide sustained professional development on the responsibilities of the CTE administrator, identify resources and provide support throughout the school year. All CTE administrators are strongly encouraged to participate.
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Webinar Series
Five video sessions will be held during the 2013-2014 school year. These video sessions will combine STEM education and PLTW for Virginia educators and leaders. The goal is to show how PLTW can be a provider of STEM curriculum in engineering and biomedical science and a possible workforce solution to fill STEM jobs in Virginia. More about Project Lead The Way (PLTW)
VACTEA Annual Conference
The purpose of the Virginia Association of Career & Technical Education Administrators (VACTEA) is to provide leadership which will promote the effectiveness of career and technical education as in integral part of the total education program for youth and adults in Virginia. Each year an annual conference is held to serve as a stimulus for new ideas and approaches for local programs and to promote effective program planning, financial management, and data reporting.
2015 Annual Conference
2014 Annual Conference
- It’s About Implementation, Not Attendance! (PPT) – Scott Warren, SREB
- Enhanced CT Programs Challenging CT Project Descriptions (Word) – Scott Warren, SREB
- CTE Update (PPT)
- Energy Industry Fundamentals: Building an Educational Workforce – Dominion Virginia Power (PDF)
- Where We Have Been, Where We Are Going; The Policy Landscape for CTE (PDF) – Kimberly Green, NASDCTEc
2013 Annual Conference
- Conference Update (PPT) October 4, 2013
2012 Annual Conference
- Measuring & Increasing Student Growth (PPT) – Dr. F. Scott Habeeb, Solutions, etc.
- A National Perspective (PPT) – Kimberly A. Green, NASDCTEc
- CTE Update (PPT)
Workplace Readiness Skills (WRS) for the Commonwealth Assessment – Training Sessions
Four training sessions are included in this series to help administrators implement the Workplace Readiness Skills (WRS) for the Commonwealth Assessment. The first session is an overview that includes contact information, what’s new, and getting started with the assessment. The next three sessions are website tutorials that include: Before Testing; Test Day; and After Testing. More about Workplace Readiness Skills (WRS) for the Commonwealth Assessment.
A Strategic Review of Work-Based Learning in Virginia: Expanding Opportunities for Students – April 3, 2014
This session will highlight the strategic review conducted for work-based learning (WBL) methods of instruction in Virginia in an effort to reassess and revitalize the WBL opportunities offered to career and technical education (CTE) students. The redefinition of WBL methods used to provide on-the-job experiences for students and a refocus on WBL procedures and guidelines will be examined.
- Agenda (Word)
- A Strategic Review of Work-Based Learning in Virginia: Expanding Opportunities for Students (PPT)
- Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (PDF)
- A Comparison of Work-Based Learning Methods of Instruction (PDF)
- Online Session Evaluation