Microsoft Imagine Academy Program
2016 MOS Virginia State Championship Is Underway – All tests taken between December 19, 2015 and May 13, 2016 will be considered for the MOS Virginia State Championship Spring Qualifier. Six students, one per exam track, will be invited to compete at the 2016 MOS U. S. National Championship, June 28-30, 2016 in Orlando, Florida. More information is available at MOS Championship/Virginia.
CERTIFIED 2016 – An education conference dedicated to exploring the full promise and potential of certification in the classroom by providing administrators, teachers and industry experts with an engaging, energized forum for sharing ideas and experiences. The conference will be held June 28-30 in Orlando, Florida. More information is available at Certified 2016.
Classroom and online learning, hands-on labs and access to hundreds of courses, books and cutting-edge resources are available for Microsoft Imagine Academy-participating high schools. These resources help prepare students for Microsoft certification and enhance their resumes with credentials recognized by employers around the world.
Using “Teach It, Test It”, teachers certify students at the completion of each application unit while the material is fresh on their minds, which will lead to the highest score possible. Higher test scores are advantageous as a confidence builder for students and an opportunity for the teacher to challenge students to pursue a MOS Master certification.
More than a single certification, the MOS Master certification demonstrates an overall comprehension and deep expertise in Microsoft Office programs. It requires passing four exams:
- Word Expert,
- Excel Expert,
- PowerPoint, and
- either Access, Outlook, SharePoint, or OneNote for the fourth exam.
With the flexibility of the Microsoft Imagine Academy curriculum, students can self-study applications and accumulate multiple certifications.
Past Success Leads to Increased Goals for 2015-2016
Advantages for Students
The Microsoft Imagine Academy concept was developed to bridge the gap between education and the real-world by providing students with the IT skills they’ll need for college and a career in today’s technology-centered job market.
Advantages for Teachers
Through Microsoft Imagine Academy, teachers have access to professional development resources for success in the classroom, as well as curriculum for technology courses and student learning tools.
- Virginia’s Priority Courses Mapped to Microsoft Imagine Academy Resources (PDF)
- CTE Newsletter
- Custom Certification Site for Virginia
- Microsoft Imagine Academy Member Website
- Microsoft Educator Network Share Site
How to Get Started with the Imagine Academy Program
- Certifications (PDF)
- Computer Science Career (PDF)
- Learn It. Prove It (PDF)
- Stand Out From the Crowd (PDF)
- Three Areas of Study (PDF)
- MOS and MTA Exams Mapped to Career Clusters (PPT)
- MOS Exams Mapped to Key Job Roles (PDF)
- Microsoft Imagine Career Poster (PDF)
- Microsoft Imagine Academy Datasheet – Building the Workforce of Tomorrow, Today (PDF)
- Certification Datasheet – Optimize Program Effectiveness (PDF)
- Certification Roadmap Poster (PDF)
- Certification Website
- Student Flyer – Create Your Future (PDF)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification Student Flyer (Word)
- Digital Literacy and Free Microsoft Education Resources (PDF)
- Certification Q&A (PDF)
- Skills Requirements for Tomorrow's Best Jobs: Helping Educators Provide Students with Skills and Tools They Need (PDF)
Where are the Microsoft Imagine Academy participating high schools/centers in Virginia?
The map illustrates the location of the 365 Virginia high schools/centers offering a Microsoft Imagine Academy and certification testing center.