Marketing programs prepare students for postsecondary education and careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, management and entrepreneurship. Instruction in the Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism, Business Management & Administration, and Arts, A/V Technology & Communications, career clusters enable students to gain knowledge and skills in:
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2014-2015 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center:
- Digital Marketing (Formerly Internet Marketing ( 8125 )
- Entrepreneurship Education (9093, 9094)
- Introduction to Fashion Careers (Formerly Introduction to Fashion Design and Marketing) 8247/8248
- Essential Competency List for Marketing – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Marketing
Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO)Virginia DECA Organization
Prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. For more information, visit the CTSO web page.
WBL is a school-coordinated, coherent sequence of on-the-job experiences that are related to students’ career goals and/or interests, are based on instructional preparation and are performed in partnership with local businesses, industries or other organizations in the community. For more information on WBL methods of instruction, visit Work-Based Learning.
- 2014-2015 Reference Sheet (PDF)
- 2014-2015 Calendar of Events (PDF)
- Licensure Endorsement Requirements – Marketing Education (PDF) – See 8VAC20-22-270 on page 38 of the Licensure Regulations for School Personnel document.
- Career Planning Guide
- Virginia Association of Marketing Educators (VAME)
- Virginia DECA Foundation
- Marketing Education Association (MEA)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (VACTE)