Equipment for CTE Programs
Equipment means any instrument, machine, apparatus, or set of articles that meets all of the following criteria:
- It retains its original shape, appearance, and character with use;
- It does not lose its identity through fabrication or incorporation into a different or more complex unit or substance;
- It is non-expendable;
- Under normal use, it can be expected to serve its principal purpose for at least one year; and
- Excludes supplies and materials as defined by the Virginia Department of Planning and Budget’s Expenditure Structure, Part II.A 13-XX, Supplies and Materials, June, 2011, (pages 12-15).
Workstation means an area in a classroom/laboratory that includes the necessary environment, instructional and consumable materials and equipment to enable each student to accomplish competencies within a career and technical education course.
- Students who use computers as the primary device for classroom or laboratory instruction should have access to such equipment on a one-to-one ratio.
- Software and/or courseware should be networked or installed on each individual computer.
- Use of tool kits/sets for classroom/laboratory use should be provided on a one-to-one ratio.
- Equipment, including tool kits/sets used for individual or group instruction should be provided in sufficient numbers to ensure that each student has the opportunity to obtain the essential competencies within an allowed instructional time frame.
- Power equipment used in the middle school should be light duty, table top, or portable (not commercial industrial equipment).
- “Modular Laboratory” means an environment that is organized such that students rotate among content modules in which all of the instructional materials and equipment are provided, requiring minimal assistance or instruction from the teacher. Modular equipment is usually designed for a maximum of two students per workstation.
Approved Equipment for CTE Programs
- Equipment appropriate for all CTE programs (XLS)
- Agricultural (XLS)
- Business & Information Technology (XLS)
- Career Connections Program (XLS)
- Family and Consumer Sciences (XLS)
- Health & Medical Sciences (XLS)
- Marketing (XLS)
- Technology (XLS)
- Trade and Industrial (XLS)
Equipment Reimbursement & Inventory
- CTE State Equipment Request for Reimbursement Form: SY 2014-2015 (Word)
- CTE State Equipment Inventory Form - NA. 011 (Word) – An inventory of equipment purchased with state CTE equipment funds must be kept using this form.