Agricultural Education includes programs of study designed to prepare students for occupations in horticulture, agricultural business, natural resources management, agricultural machinery and production agriculture.
Agricultural Education stresses the development of skills in all aspects of agricultural businesses and industries, including planning, management, safety, finances and leadership.
Through participation in the FFA students have opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom.
NEW: A Strategic Review of Agriculture Education: Preparing Students for Successful Transition to College and Careers (PDF). This report represents a culmination of state and national research and extensive input from stakeholders representing business and industry, secondary and postsecondary education, parents, students, professional organizations, and policy makers. It provides recommendations for preparing students for success in the many agriculture-related careers that exist now and in the future which are critical to the economic vitality of the commonwealth.
- 2013-2014 Calendar of Events (PDF)
- Essential Competency List for Agricultural Education (Virginia's CTE Resource Center)
- Equipment Resource Guide for Agricultural Education – see Equipment for CTE Programs
- Licensure Endorsement Requirements for Agricultural Education (PDF) – See 8VAC20-22-220 on pages 29-30 of the Licensure Regulations for School Personnel document.
- Virginia FFA
- National FFA
- Virginia Tech Department of Agricultural and Extension Education
- Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) Program Resources
These courses are part of the Environmental Service Systems and Plant Systems Pathways in the Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources Career Cluster.