Program Administration & Management
Flexibility Provision for Staffing Requirements in the State Appropriation Act Not Applicable to Certain Career and Technical Education (CTE) Courses – For more information, see Superintendent’s Memo 195-15.
Career and Technical Education Alignment with National Certification Requirements – Effective for the 2015-2016 school year, General Assembly House Bill (HB) 1616 requires each sequence of courses constituting a career and technical education (CTE) program completion to be aligned with state or national program certification and accreditation standards, if such standards exit. For more information, see Superintendent’s Memo 182-15.
2015-16 Training Sessions for AdministratorsFor information about the 2015-16 Video Training Sessions for Administrators visit the Professional Development Page. You can also find the link in the menu to the right under Administrative Support.
- CTE Administrative Planning Guide
The CTE Administrative Planning Guide identifies connections between core subjects and CTE content; serves as a repository of course numbers and course descriptions, course durations/required hours, prerequisites and concentration sequences for completers; identifies career clusters and career pathways; and lists of Board of Education-approved credentials.
School divisions can request VDOE approval of new CTE programs and/or courses at any time of the year, but must be approved prior to including any budget items in the Career and Technical Education Local Plan and Budget Application. When completing the form (which is no longer included with the Perkins Local Plan), refer to the Administrative Planning Guide for titles and course codes as well as other pertinent information on submitting an application.
- Application for New Career And Technical Education Program/Course (PDF) – Revised September 2015
Resources for obtaining regional and state labor market data to submit with the application:
- Virginia CTE Course Information (PDF)
All current CTE courses are related information listed by program area. Information includes state course code, SCED code, SCED sequence, course title, maximum enrollment, length of course, and Nontraditional Gender (state-identified courses for nontraditional career preparation of the gender that comprises less than 25 percent).
The Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act – reauthorized in 2006 – provides federal funds to increase focus on the academic achievement of career and technical education students, strengthen connections between secondary and postsecondary education, and improve state and local accountability. Also see Federal Programs – Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Act.
- April 3, 2015 – Estimated State Allocations under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 for July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016. See Superintendent's Memo 076-15
- Special Populations and Nontraditional Fields (PDF)
The definition of Special Populations and Nontraditional Fields as referenced in the 1998 and 2006 Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Perkins Act.
- Local Plan 2015-2016 (XLSM) – revised August 27, 2015
The Perkins Local Plan and Budget Application spreadsheet must be downloaded to your computer. Once the application has been completed and approved by your local board, it must be uploaded to OMEGA. After the application has been uploaded, the division superintendent or an authorized superintendent’s designee then approves the application in OMEGA prior to the April 30, 2015 deadline. The application Certification and Assurances page(s) with appropriate signatures must be retained and filed at the local level and a copy faxed to the Office of Career and Technical Education at 804-530-4560.
- Perkins Reserve Funds (PDF)
School Year 2014-2015:
- CTE State Industry Certification Examinations, Licensure Tests, and Occupational Competency Assessments Reimbursement Request Form – SY 2014-2015 (Word)
- CTE Workplace Readiness Skills Examinations Reimbursement Request Form – SY 2014-2015 (Word)
- High Schools That Work (HSTW) Budget and Object Code Forms – SY 2014-2015 (Word)
- High Schools That Work (HSTW) Reimbursement Forms – SY 2014-2015 (Word)
- Jobs for Virginia Graduates (JVG) Request for Reimbursement Form – SY 2014-2015 (Word)
School Year 2015-2016:
- CTE State Equipment Request for Reimbursement Form – SY 2015-2016 (Word)
- CTE State Equipment Inventory Form - NA. 011 (Word)
- CTE State Industry Certification Examinations, Licensure Tests, and Occupational Competency Assessments Reimbursement Request Form – SY 2015-2016 (Word)
- CTE Workplace Readiness Skills Examinations Reimbursement Request Form – SY 2015-2016 (Word)
- CTE State Information Technology Reimbursement Request Form – SY 2015-2016 (Word)
- Jobs for Virginia Graduates (JVG) Request for Reimbursement Form – SY 2015-2016 (Word)
- Six-Year Cyclical Schedule (Word) – revised October 2014
- Federal Program Monitoring Review System Self-Assessment Guidance Document (Word) – revised October 2014
- Federal Program Monitoring Review System Self-Assessment 2014-2015 Template (Word) – revised October 2014
The Regulations Governing Career and Technical Education, adopted by the Virginia Board of Education in 2011, became effective December 19, 2012. Implementation of the regulations began on July 1, 2013.
- Regulations Governing Career and Technical Education (PDF)
- CTE Courses with maximum enrollment of 20 students (PDF) – Revised 7-9-15
Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations
- For details on CTE data collection, see Data Collection for Career & Technical Education
- The Career and Technical Education Reporting System (CTERS) User's Manual provides instructions for submitting the following reports:
- Secondary Enrollment Demographics Form (SEDF)
- Secondary Student Career Clusters Enrollment Report (SSCCER)
- Preliminary Completer Demographics Report (CDR)
- CTE Credentialing Collection (CTECC)
- Final Completer Demographics Report (CDR)
CTE Administrator Training & Professional Development Presentations
For information about the 2014-15 Video Training Sessions for Administrators, the video webinar series for Project Lead the Way and the training sessions for Workplace Readiness Skills (WRS) for the Commonwealth Assessment and Work-Based Learning (WBL), visit the Professional Development Page. You can also find the link in the menu to the right under Administrative Support.