Title VI: Flexibility & Accountability
Title VI: Flexibility & Accountability provides grants to support such things as state academic standards and assessments; support including accommodations and inclusion of students with disabilities and limited English proficiency; and dissemination of information on student achievement and school performance to parents and the community.
Title VI, Part A, Subpart 2: Transferability Authority
ESEA contains provisions that allow school divisions to transfer funds between qualifying federal programs. This transferability provision provides a school division the flexibility to target and transfer funds to the areas it deems as needing the greatest assistance.
- LEA Use of Transferability (PDF)
- Transferability Authority (PDF)
- Transferability Form (Word)
- USED Guidance on the Transferability Authority (PDF)
Title VI, Part B, Subpart 2, Rural Education, CFDA 84.358
This grant provides funds to rural school divisions serving concentrations of children from low-income families. A grant to an eligible school division is made according to a formula based on the number of students in average daily attendance served by the division. Funds may be spent in one or more of the following categories:
- F-1. Recruitment and retention of teachers, including the use of signing bonuses and other financial incentives;
- F-2. Professional development for teachers, including programs that train teachers to utilize technology to improve teaching and to train special needs teachers;
- F-3. Educational technology expenditures, including software and hardware, as described in Title II, Part D, Enhancing Education Through Technology;
- F-4. Parental involvement activities;
- F-5. Activities authorized under the Title IV, Part A, Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities;
- F-6. Activities authorized under Title I, Part A, Improving Basic Program Operated by Local Educational Agencies; or F-7. Activities authorized under Title III, Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students.
Eligible school divisions may submit an individual or a consolidated application each year of eligibility.
- Title VI, Part B, Subpart 2, Rural and Low-Income School Program Individual Application: Guidelines, Instructions & Assurances (PDF) also available: Application (XLS)
- 2015-2016 Title VI, Part B, Subpart 2, Rural and Low-Income School Program Allocations under Provisions of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA) – Superintendent’s Memo 245-15
- Currently school divisions are able to use OMEGA
- Title VI, Part B Division Contacts (PDF)