Superintendent of public instruction
- Message from the Superintendent (web page) or (video)
- 2012 State of the Commonwealth's Public Schools: Achievements, Innovations & Challenges
- Superintendent's Memos
Information vital to division superintendents and other public education administrators.
- Superintendent's Annual Report
- Contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Contact Virginia Department of Education Staff
- Resources for the media including downloadable photos
The executive assistant coordinates constituent services for the Superintendent of Public Instruction and responses to PK-12 correspondence for the Governor and Secretary of Education. The executive assistant coordinates complex special projects and activities for the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Dr. Deborah Jonas
The Special Advisor for Research and Planning provides advice and support to the Superintendent of Public Instruction and VDOE executive and leadership teams on matters of data use, research, policy and program development. The special advisor also works closely with stakeholders on matters related to PK-12 research.